Measurements and Marks

Today's excitement was popping back to Velindre to be measured up for my radiotherapy treatment.   It was very quick.   I lay on the CT scanner bed with my arms above my head, in arm holders.  It was very comfortable.   I had to shuffle my hips to the right a bit, and the radiographers were then happy.  They could spot all 3 of my previous tattoos - on my torso, on the right, left and between my breasts - even though they're so tiny that I've never spotted them! 

They lined up the one on the right side, but needed to realign the other two so with a tweak of the tip of an inked needle, I now have 2 more tattoos.  And pen marks, so once I've washed those off, i'll be able to see how big they are.

They also attached some ball bearings and special tape to me, to show up on the scan, and then the CT scanner itself did its work.   The whole thing lasted about 10 minutes.   They now have the pictures they need to be able to line me up in the same position each time.

My first appointment is on 10th May, which means the last one will be on the 6th June.   So an end is in sight. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slowing it down

Chemo #4 - this stage almost over

Ringing the bell